Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Old Caleb Friend

I'm not fooled old Caleb friend,
your gaze as sharp as flint.
Upon that crowd of noisy men,
which says your life is spent.
I alone, see that light,
gleaming from knowing eye.
There's yet within you one more fight,
you're not ready now to die.
Let them run to the dusty town,
content with the noisy masses.
Your view is fixed on Hebron's crown,
and its silent rocky passes.
You will dwell where eagles nest,
and walk the path of lions.
Caleb, in your courageous quest,
that drives you toward Mt. Zion.
Lord, make us brave and fearless men,
as was Caleb entering Canaan.
It's certain there'll be no cowards then,
nor be those a'faintin'
No, I'm not fooled old Caleb friend,
you're all of what I've claimed.
If you were ever afraid of Anakim,
then Joshua is not my name!


The Raven

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dad... you really are very talented!!! I wish you would write MORE! I've had the privilege of "sitting at your feet" for almost 42 years but there are many who could glean from your wisdom and thought provoking subjects! WRITER....write on....